Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions

All the goals Hubby and I have set can really fall into one of two categories, or as I will refer to them, as Operations.  That is right we have two Operations this year that will be our focus and take up our time, energy and money and with all things going to plan have us in a much better position in 12 months time.

First up is Operation Fertility.  Note the word Fertility not Baby, there will be no baby this year (although I understand not everything is within my control so of course if something was to happen it would be celebrated with more joy than our wedding).  This year is about getting my health on track and getting PCOS to disappear so next year we will be in optimum health for Operation Baby.  The biggest goal to fall into this category is to reduce my weight by 30kg.  Other goals include having my fasting blood glucose test result to fall into normal range and some financial goals because my current 1996 model, 2 door car with no room for a baby seat (or two, twins is in the family) just won't make the cut therefore having some money for the inevitable bigger car purchase is needed.

Second is Operation House to Home.  Changing our house from something that looks (and even feels just a little) like a display house to a home that is welcoming, inviting, personal, comfortable, private and when you open the door you feel that you are walking into a family home.  Goals that fall under this category include building the deck, finishing the hedge, landscaping the front yard, putting photos up on the walls, changing the Baby Room from a junk/storage room to an EMPTY room, finding suitable storage for our collection of books and finally, sourcing a retro bar/drink cabinet.

On top of these two things I also want to be a better blogger.  I do neglect this space and have so many blog posts in my head, yet when I finally do sit down they don't seem relevant anymore or I cannot remember them.  So I want each month to have at least the number of blog posts in the double digits and for every single person that takes the time to comment and say hello I will take the time to say hello back.  I want to start regular posting as well, some common post every week, I am thinking about Friday Night Cocktails as it will be a great excuse for me to actually start making some (and would also be a great reason to find the retro bar sooner rather than later).  

Here is to a wonderful, productive 2013, I have a great feeling about this year.

2 comments:

  1. A very Happy New Year to you my dear! I love your practical 'Operations'. All my very best wishes for you that they come true, and then some. Thank you for your blog support this past year, it is treasured. From your fellow Rural Dreamer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am sure we will both have an amazing 2013!

      Delete