Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Introducing Raz


I decided to take this week off work to help Raz settle in.  We took Mr C home just before Christmas and we already had a week and a half off and it was good to have that time to settle him in, and most importantly toilet train him.  I decided to take a week off to do the same for Raz, I didn't want to bring him home and the next day leave him alone for 8 hours.  My timesheet at work says I am on Recreation Leave.  Hubby made the mistake of saying I was on holidays.  I wish.  I need a holiday.  I personally think I am on maternity leave.

I actually thought having a week off would give me time to do stuff around the house as well as play mum.  Things I struggle to find the time to do, like rearrange the pantry, get into our junk room that still has unopened boxes and unpack a few more things (that clearly we don't need if we have gone this long without).  I even thought I would be able to list a load of unwanted items on ebay.  Instead I have done a trillion loads of washing and mopping the floors, twice.  Being Wednesday I think the pantry is going to have to wait another couple of weeks or so.  


Everyone feels the need to comment that I should get used to it, because when we decide to have a family it will be like this but worse.  This is usually said by people who already have kids, or our parents who have been there done that.  This comment is always followed with a loud laugh, an apparent inside joke that we are not yet in on.  It is not helpful, nor is hubby when he said to me last night that I do not appear to be suited to 'Housewife'.  He almost slept on the couch.

So welcome to the family Raz, mum and dad love you, although we are a little frustrated with your zero warning signs when it comes to peeing, and as for our first born, your big brother Mr C, well, all I can say is that he has no choice but to accept you, and I am sure in due course he will.  I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute. Thanks for sharing. Like the name ... Raz. Is there meaning behind his name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is and I think I will save it for a blog post. Just need him to sit still long enough for a photo!

    ReplyDelete